If you love eggnog and coffee, try this.
I love eggnog. But due to the crazy calorie count — 223 calories for just 8 ounces — not to mention the fat and cholesterol content, I try to minimize how much I drink. (Seriously, eggnog is just not really good for you.)
Eggnog latte from Dutch Brothers or one of the other drive-thru coffee shops around here help. I ask them to thin out their eggnog lattes with some non-fat milk. This reduces the richness while maintaining the flavor.
But I also make a similar drink at home when eggnog is available. Here’s my recipe, should you care to try it:
- 2 parts eggnog
- 1 part low- or non-fat milk. (I typically use 2%.)
- 3 parts strong, hot coffee
- Combine the milk and eggnog in a microwave safe cup.
- Microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, until very hot but not boiling.
- Add coffee. I normally brew my coffee right into the cup of eggnog and milk using a Brew and Go.
- Stir and enjoy!
If you’re interested in a spiked version of this, be sure to check out this review of eggnog spiking options. I tend to enjoy this in the morning, so I haven’t tested any alcohol additives for myself. Yet.