On the downhill glide from a nasty cold, life is good.
Here are a few things that made me happy today:
- Really enjoying — for the first time in a few days — not one but two cups of morning coffee. #DamnedCold
- Talking to an old friend, for the first time in over a year, who was even more outraged about my marital woes than I am. He really fired me up and gave me new energy to fight for what’s right.
- Realizing that the killer headache I’d been suffering with for more than 24 hours was finally gone.
- Watching Penny the Tiny Dog play with a dog cookie as if it’s a live mouse she has to catch and kill before she eats.
- Finishing up a bunch of things on my to-do list, including one I’d been sitting on the fence about doing since September 2012.
- Seeing Penny the Tiny Dog play with a pair of full-grown black labs. (I’d have video, but I got a phone call just as I was prepping to shoot it.)
- Seeing high desert hills blanketed with tall green grass and bright yellow wildflowers.
- Being greeted enthusiastically by friends I forgot I had.