Another email scam, this one purportedly from Verizon Wireless.
Got this message in my email inbox today:
This is obviously a scam. Several things tipped me off:
- I did not recently do any new transactions with Verizon Wireless. In other words, there was no real reason to contact me.
- The message was addressed to an email address Verizon does not have for me.
- Pointing to any of the links in the message reveals the same destination URL on the domain jsslcctv.com — which has nothing to do with Verizon.
- I didn’t check the account number, but I’m pretty sure mine is my phone number and it doesn’t end with 8281.
- Poor grammar/wording indicates the person who wrote this message was not a native English speaker.
I don’t know what clicking these links does and I don’t want to know. I just want to warn others that this is yet another scam that could easily suck you in if you’re not paying attention. Think before you click!