This is just too perfect an example to pass up.
You know, I really didn’t want to blog about politics this season. I’m sick of it. The fighting, the lies, the way our country has become divided on ideology. But when I scrolled through the content on the Tumblr site, White People Mourning Romney, I just couldn’t pass this one up. To me, it succinctly identifies what’s wrong with too many people on the right: they just don’t have a freaking clue what they’re talking about:
- Obama has been president for nearly four years. If he were going to “screw us over,” don’t you think he would have done it by now? And no, the Affordable Care Act (AKA ObamaCare) is not screwing us over. It’s making it possible for more people than ever to have access to affordable health care.
- Obama is a Christian. How dense can you possibly be to not believe this? I suppose you want to see his birth certificate again, too. You can deny the facts all you want — as Romney did — but the facts remain the facts. The truth will prevail.
- Australia does not have a president. It has a prime minister. As a Constitutional Monarchy, it also currently has a Queen.
- As you tweeted your nonsense, Australia’s prime minister was a “she” (Julia Gillard) and not a “he.” And she doesn’t tolerate misogynistic bullshit like your GOP idols do.
- And you really want to go to Australia? Where the lowest tax bracket for foreign residents for 2012/2013 is 32.5%? Doesn’t exactly fall into the GOP idea of low tax rate, does it? The reality is that the U.S. has some of the lowest taxes in the world. But that’s not good enough for you folks. It needs to be lower so we have to cut back on services and let everyone fend for himself.
- You feel like America is no more? Well, yes, America from the 1950s is no more. This is the 21st century and things are different. If you can’t keep up with the times, you’re not likely to enjoy the real America much anymore.
Good luck moving to Australia. When they do your background check and see the bullshit you posted on Twitter (and likely elsewhere), I don’t think they’ll let you past the immigration barrier at the airport. Besides, they want people who can contribute to society, not whiners and complainers who are looking for escape from imagined oppression.
I’m closing comments on this post because, frankly, I don’t want to give visitors a place to argue about this. And I have far better things to do with my time than moderate the bullshit comments I know this post will attract.