Here’s what I had for dinner tonight:
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2-3 lbs. of chicken. I used chicken breast fillets tonight, but I usually use thighs. I trimmed off all the excess fat before cooking and cut into large cubes.
- 1-1/2 large onions, cut up. I slice them, but you might prefer them chopped.
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- Lightly brown chicken in oil. If necessary, drain off fat. (If you use lean chicken or trim it like I do, you shouldn’t have any fat to drain off. Just nice chicken juice.)
- Add onions and salt.
- Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through. This should take 10 to 20 minutes, depending on how small you cut up the chicken.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- If there’s a lot of liquid, drain off all but about 1/2 cup.
- Stir in sour cream mixture.
- Heat through.
- Serve with rice and mango chutney.
This should serve 4 or 2 with leftovers.