Here’s your chance to sound off.
In a previous post, I mentioned how I could not decide between Hillary and Barack. In the same post, I warned hardcore Republicans not to try to turn the comments into a Democrat-bashing party because I’d simply delete off-topic comments. I also promised to give them a chance to state their case.
That’s what this post is about.
What are your thoughts about the candidates? Which do you prefer? Tell us what you think, even if you want to talk about people who are no longer running.
I’ll start the ball rolling with a statement that’s sure to get under a few people’s skin:
I’m voting for a Democrat because I’m tired of seeing religion pushed in our school systems, I don’t think marriage is more important than the current situation in Iraq or the country’s debt, and I’m tired of being lied to by the government.
I’ll add a few more controversial things, just to keep the subject hot:
- I’m glad Mitt Romney dropped out. He gave me the creeps and I don’t think he was in touch with reality. Besides, with FIVE sons, you think one of them could be in Iraq where people are still dying daily?
- I liked John Edwards the best, but I guess the haircut really turned a lot of people off. And he really was a bit too angry about big business and lobbyists.
- I don’t think Huckabee is serious. At least I hope not. But I admit that he was great fun on all the television shows he appeared on.
- It’s a pity Bloomberg didn’t run. He’d certainly fix up the country’s financial problems.
- I think Guiliani was a bad joke. He was running on the same platform George W used to get in in 2004: fear. Fortunately, a few of us have woken up since then. And honestly: if the guy was dumb enough to put his terror command center in the only building that was ever attacked, what other idiotic mistakes would he have made on a much grander scale?
- I like McCain, even though he’s a Republican. If he wasn’t a Republican, I might even vote for him. But, as I said elsewhere, I’m not interested in any Republican in the White House for another four years.
Okay folks, the comments are yours. Just remember three basic rules:
- No stating “facts” unless they are facts that can be backed up. (You can link to articles.)
- No nasty comments directed at me or other commenters. If you think we’re stupid, keep it to yourself. Just state your case without getting personal.
- Remember, what you say here really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. So don’t let the discussion get your blood pressure up. It ain’t worth it.