I return from a long weekend in New York.
Just got back from a 4-day weekend in New York. Our activities included:
- dinner at Baumgart’s in Englewood, NJ
- a birthday party for my husband, Mike, in Glen Cove (on Long Island)
- dim sum in Ft. Lee, NJ
- an afternoon in SoHo and the south Village, including a quick look at the new MacBook laptop in Apple’s SoHo Apple Store
- getting rained on just enough to remember the pleasure of a spring rain but without getting wet enough to be miserable about it
- Italian pastries and coffee at a real bakery
- a viewing of The DaVinci Code at a theater across the street from Ground Zero (my first trip down there since before 9/11)
- tapas at a Spanish restaurant in Englewood, NJ with our old next-door neighbors
- real bagels and lox at my mother-in-law’s apartment in Queens, NY
Seems like we did a lot of eating. We did. I’m still stuffed.
I hope to write a bit about some of the things we did — and show some photos — later this week. Stay tuned.