For unwinding on a lazy weekend afternoon, when driving (or flying) is not in your immediate future.
- 3 oz premium vodka – don’t use junk liquor; you’ll be drinking this almost straight
- splash of plum wine – for an extra dry version of this drink, use a teaspoon; if you’re the kind who likes white zinfandel wine, make that a generous splash
- ice – I use cubes, but that’s because I don’t have patience to wait for the icemaker to crush the ice
- Add all ingredients to a martini shaker (with strainer).
- Shake for 60 seconds.
- Pour through strainer into chilled martini glass.
BTW, in some Japanese restaurants a 50-50 mix of vodka and plum wine served over ice is known as a Samarai. It’s a killer drink and not intended for the designated driver.