Here are links I found interesting on December 28, 2013:
- When Memories Never Fade, The Past Can Poison The Present – I'm glad I don't have this problem. There's 30 years of my life that I'd like to forget.
- The 38 Most Haunting Abandoned Places On Earth – For some reason, ruins have a special meaning for me. I could explore ruins all day long. Some of these are particularly haunting.
- Stop coddling your dog—he’s 99.9% wolf – Excellent article on dog behavior and training.
- The complete guide to setting goals – I used to know someone who could really benefit from this.
- Amazon’s best-selling holiday items reveal the American id – "Amazon just wrapped up a successful holiday shopping season. It sold 36.8 million items on Cyber Monday alone, or 426 items per second. The company also revealed the most popular holiday purchases in a range of categories. Some of the items are kind of surprising…"
- A New Suspect in Bee Deaths: The US Givernment – "As scientists race to pinpoint the cause of the global collapse of honey bee populations that pollinate a third of the world’s crops, environmental groups have indentified one culprit: US authorities who continue to approve pesticides implicated in the apian apocalypse."