Here are links I found interesting on January 27, 2013:
- The Dangers of Geotagging and Location Sharing – "Sharing your location, through location-based services or geotagged images / statuses, seems innocuous, but it’s anything but; it’s a practice that can lead to serious harm."
- Agence France Presse vs Morel: Photo Agency Found Guilty Of Theft, Faces Million Dollar Bill – "Three years almost to the day since photo agency AFP heisted Haitian photographer Daniel Morel’s award-winning photographs of the 2010 earthquake the first court decision has been handed down in what has evolved into a high-profile and significant copyright case. In a humiliating ruling against the agency, a New York court has upheld Morel’s claim for copyright infringement against AFP. The agency had initially attempted to sue the photographer when he objected to their theft of his images from Twitpic, where he had uploaded them and linked to his Twitter account in an attempt to market his work."
- Craig’s Glass – My friend Craig makes beautiful blown glass pieces.
- Apple CFO Jerry Seinfeld Addresses the Shareholders – Apple's financial announcements as a Seinfeld routine.
- It’s time to throw in the towel on Apple – Move along; there's nothing to see here. Sarcasm underscores the absurdity of Wall Street expectations and investor reactions to Apple's record profits.
- HTC thinks a second tiny phone is the answer to your oversized smartphone complaints – "Just keep that phone you paid so much money for in your pocket." I didn't think this was real, but apparently it is.
- Jonathan Coulton Explains How Glee Ripped Off His Cover Song — And Why He’s Not Alone – "Fans of indie musician Jonathan Coulton were incensed last week when an alleged Glee version of “Baby Got Back” surfaced on the internet that seemed to shamelessly rip off Coulton’s distinctive arrangement of the 1992 Sir Mix-A-Lot song. Last night, that cover version was confirmed as an official Glee track when it appeared on the mid-season premiere of the Fox show, and is currently for sale on iTunes."