Here are links I found interesting on February 26, 2012:
- What’s Inside the Oscar Envelopes? – "Is it just the winning name, or something else?" The Slate explainer explains. Some fun for the Oscars.
- Rick Santorum’s home-school hokum – "…the Santorums presented themselves to the world as home-schoolers for at least three years, while Pennsylvania taxpayers picked up the bill for their kids’ education — and they actually lived in a different state." More hypocrisy from the GOP candidates.
- Get the Skinny on that ZIP (demographics by ZIP Code) – Great site for instantly pulling up demographic information by zip code. Includes comparison tool. Thanks to @Beeclef on Twitter for sharing this link.
- The Perversity of Extremism Tends Toward The Maximum – "Here we have a political party who believes that while corporations are people, and therefore imbued with unlimited and inalienable rights, women are not – not people and not imbued with the same rights as men or corporations." I can't believe it either.
- Mitt Romney: Wife Ann drives ‘a couple of Cadillacs’ – Seriously: How stupid IS this guy?
- Ghastly Outdated Party – "The contenders in the Hester Prynne primaries are tripping over one another trying to be the most radical, unreasonable and insane candidate they can be. They pounce on any traces of sanity in the other candidates — be it humanity toward women, compassion toward immigrants or the willingness to make the rich pay a nickel more in taxes — and try to destroy them with it. " It would be funny if the problem wasn't such an indicator of how amazingly divided our nation has become.