Here are links I found interesting on November 21, 2011:
- The Turning Point: The Moral Example of UC Davis Students – "If America needs a moral turning point, this is it." But the question remains: will Americans use their power — the power of the vote — to make a difference? This is a democracy, but how can we properly reflect the will of the people when less than 65% of them vote?
- The Growing Threat of Lasers Pointed At Airplanes – "Shining a laser can distract or temporarily blind pilots and comprise the safety of passengers, posing a serious risk that violates federal law." Read more on Forbes.com.
- Draw a Stickman – Follow the instructions and wait. You will be rewarded. Thanks to Jean Vogel for sharing this fun link.
- Ten Things You Should Know About Friday’s UC Davis Police Violence – Apparently, the police felt threatened by peaceful protesters just sitting on the ground. Maybe it's time for our police to get better training?
- Open Letter to Chancellor Linda P.B. Katehi – I cannot believe we live in times like this, when peaceful protesters are assaulted by police. What the fuck is this country coming to?
- Police brutality at Occupy – This has got to stop.