Interesting links for June 2007.
- Apple invited to join S&P 100
Apple makes the prime time in the investment world. On Apple Insider.
- Freedom of Speech and the Internet: Should Comments be Moderated?
Excellent article regarding freedom of speech and whether blog comments should be moderated/edited. By Joshua Dorkin on Time for Blogging.
- YouTube Coming to Apple TV
Apple Press Release covering the upcoming addition to Apple TV: YouTube.
- 4096 Color Wheel Version 2.1
An excellent online source for color coding, useful for Webmasters and blog designers.
- Colors on the Web Color Wizard
Another excellent tool for getting color codes for Web design.
- Why Do Blogs Fail?
Ever wonder what it takes to be a successful blogger? This article is a good start. On TheWrongAdvices.com.
- Generating Story Ideas and Overcoming Writer’s Block
An excellent article (and podcast) with lots of tips for generating story ideas and overcoming writer’s blog. By Mignon Fogarty on Grammar Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing.
- Pretty Kitty: Leopard Adds Polish and Productivity to Mac OS X
A relatively good review of Leopard. On Wired.com.
- When Crowds Get Out Of Control — A Case for Stronger Digg Censorship?
Commentary about the recent use of YouTube and Digg to harass someone. On Deep Jive Interests.
- iPhone may boost AT&T subscribers by nearly 1 million in 07
Another reason why AT&T was smart and Verizon was dumb. On Apple Insider.
- manybooks.net – Free eBooks for your PDA, iPod, or eBook Reader
The page title says it all. This site enables you to download books, in a variety of formats, for free. All books are out of copyright, so it’s all legal. Thanks to Miraz for writing about this in her blog.
- iPhone – A Guided Tour
A video covering all of the iPhone’s features and interface. On the Apple Web site.
- Non Interview: First iPhone Campers Not What Apple Expected – Gizmodo
Some people really do need to get a life. This is one of them. On Gizmodo.com.
- Has Apple Created an iPhone Monster?
An interesting analysis of the marketing situation Apple has gotten itself into with the iPhone.
- First Look: Test Driving the iPhone
A review of the iPhone from someone who has been really using it for more than two weeks. On Newsweek.
- Evolution versus Creationism: Astronomy edition
Some commentary and an excellent YouTube video for the evolution vs. creationism argument. On Bad Astronomy.
- How Not To Get Links
An older article pretty much echoing my thoughts about reciprocal links. (See http://www.aneclecticmind.com/2007/06/01/how-to-handle-reciprocal-link-requests/.) On Chrisg.com.
- How to Make a Comic Strip
Fun stuff from Scott Adams. On the Dilbert Blog.
- iPhone review
An iPhone video review. By USA TODAY’s Ed Baig & Jefferson Graham on YouTube.
- Things I Want Gone from the Web in 2007
I know it’s a little old, but it was new to me. Maybe it’ll be new to you, too. On Lorelle on WordPress.
- 10 Reasons Commenting is Good For Bloggers
Now if only I can get all my site visitors to read and understand this. On chrisg.com.
- Is Twitter The Next SEO Haven?
An interesting article about Twitter and how it ranks in search results. By J. Angelo Racoma on The Blog Herald.
- Is blogging the perfect low-cost home business?
This article by Andy Merrett discusses the realities of blogging for a living. On The Blog Herald.