Interesting Links for September 2006.
- Rep. Harris: Church-state separation ‘a lie’
From CNN.com, August 28, 2006.
- Apple – Get a Mac
The three latest Mac/PC ads in Apple’s campaign. The Angel/Devil ad is pretty funny.
- Short End
Tall people earn more because they’re smarter. By Joel Waldfogel – Slate Magazine.
- Sinister and Rich
The evidence that lefties earn more. By Joel Waldfogel – Slate Magazine.
- DEA Agent Who Shot Self In Foot Sues Uncle Sam – April 11, 2006
You can actually see the video of this moron here.
- The Ape in Me
Slate’s important new discoveries about the human genome. By Evan Eisenberg – Slate Magazine. A fun read.
- In Search of the Cause of Autism
Television as the cause of rising autism rates? By Gregg Easterbrook – Slate Magazine. Interesting speculation on how television may cause autism in young children.
- Bill O’Reilly, White House flack.
By Josh Levin – Slate Magazine. Okay, so it’s old. But I don’t surf the Web every day. And it’s still funny.
- Our Magnificent Isolation
By Garrison Keillor in Salon.com. The fall of the United States?
- Sedona – The Red Rock Review
An interesting article about the history of Sedona Airport (SEZ).
- macProVideo.com – Tutorial – Mastering Microsoft Word
The video I did for macProVideo last month, with reviews. Seems like a good deal to me.
- Apple to release iTV video streaming box in 2007
Some info about Apple’s upcoming gadget. From the Engadget Web site.
- Will Apple change television forever?
More about iTV. By Paul Boutin – Slate Magazine
- USA vs Japan in the open a beer bottle with a helicopter contest
I can’t make this stuff up. Thanks to fellow pilot Mark Roberts for sending me this video link.
- Bloggermann: This hole in the ground
Some frank talk about what’s been going on. By Keith Olbermann.
- Bush’s empty U.N. speech.
The president speaks at the U.N. — and says nothing. By Fred Kaplan – Slate Magazine
- Apple – Notebooks – Compare Models
I went nuts trying to figure out the difference between a MacBook and a MacBook Pro. Today I found this helpful chart.
- Bush: Saddam Poisoning U.S. Spinach
Satire by Andy Borowitz of Newsweek in MSNBC.com
- Bush Vows to Google bin Laden
More satire by Andy Borowitz of Newsweek on MSNBC.com.
- EO Natural Hazards
The Earth Observatory site from NASA includes photos of natural hazards such as fires and floods. I checked it out today in an effort to figure out why it’s been so hazy in Wickenburg lately.
- California Fire Information
This page displays information about current and recent wildfires in California.
- Microsoft Zune’s As Good As Dead On Arrival
I stumbled onto this while checking my Apple investment. From Yahoo! Finance.